What happens to your business when you have an IT disaster, with no set plan in place on how to recover a critical systems failure. Do you know what the effect of the following will be, on your Business?
- Financial systems not working
- Wages and Timekeeping System offline
- Email not working company wide
- Productions Control and Environmental Monitoring Systems not running
- Important Documents and Spreadsheets being unavailable
The following are issues to consider in determining whether it is cost effective to create a disaster recovery plan, and to keep a disaster recovery plan maintained as your business continues to operate and evolve.
- Can you continue to meet regulatory requirements with your IT Systems being offline for an extended period of time
- Will the speed and accuracy of your manual process’s be sufficient to service and ensure retention of your customers
- Can your accounting system run as a manual, paper based system only, while systems are rebuilt following a disaster.
- What will the HR implications be if you cannot accurately account for time and pay accurate wages
- How reliant is your business operations on email as a form of communications, and what business sensitive data is primarily kept in your email system.
We can guide you through the process of creating and testing a Disaster Recovery Plan, to ensure that you have confidence in recovering critical systems within a predetermined set timeframe, while your business continues to operate
Do you have a legacy backup system that is not running as expected. We can help you to optimise your backup system and processes, ensuring that your information is protected.
- Check your backup system to ensure that it is still working
- Can it still handle the workload
- Do you have offsite backup copies daily
- Is it a manual process
- What happens when the person who runs it is on leave
- When last was a restore test done
- How is it monitored
- Are Spare parts still available
Information is at the core of your business. Your emails, customer records, documents, invoices – they are all information that you cannot do without!
An IT disaster can be crippling for a business, and the cost of downtime is typically in the tens of thousands of Rands!
Backup irreplaceable information from your workstations, laptops and servers with the GPBackups Service. We enable you to restore your information to a nominated point in time, which is critical when recovering from a Virus, Malware or Ransomware Infection. Some Ransomware modifies your files over a period of time, before the effects are noticed.
Using state of the art software and robust infrastructure, we provide you with an enterprise class online backup service that ensures that you can quickly get up and running after any kind of IT disaster!
Ransomware Attacks tend to take a few days to spread, where a random number of files are infected and encrypted daily. Once you become aware that you have been infected, the Ransomware has already had a couple of days to do its damage.
Where USB Drive copies are used for backups, the files on the USB Drives are overwritten on next backup, resulting in a previous good file on the USB Backup being overwritten with a bad file (The file encrypted with Ransomware)
The GPBackups system does not overwrite files on the backup system, but creates a new backup version of the file as it changes. Consequently, it is possible to restore the entire data set to a nominated point in time,
After removal of the ransomware or rebuild of the system by your IT Team, we will restore all your data to a point in time before the ransomware infection. This will result in an operational system with a clean data set. Some reprocessing of data may be required for the period of the ransomware strike